Germania statue – Alfred Fißmer Green

The statue, which measures 2.50 m (without the plinth) can be seen on the green next to St. Nicholas’ church (Nikolaikirche). The green is named after the meritorious Siegen mayor, Alfred Fißmer. The monument is dedicated to the citizens of Siegen who fell in the wars of 1864 (against Denmark), 1866 (against Austria) and 1870/71 (against France). Designed in 1878 by Siegen-born artist Prof. Friedrich Reusch, the statue was constructed by a company called Spies.